John C. Slater Predoctoral Fellowship in the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine
This yearlong fellowship is offered to advanced Ph.D. students working on topics related to the history of science, technology, and medicine.
The APS's Library & Museum seeks applicants for a one-year, residential fellowship for graduate students specializing in the history of science. The 12-month fellowship is intended for advanced Ph.D. students working toward the completion of the dissertation. The caliber of the project, and evidence that the project will be completed in a timely manner, are the two most important criteria for selection. The selection committee will also take into consideration the need to be at the APS's Library & Museum and other research institutions in the Philadelphia area. Applicants’ research must pertain to topics in the history of science, technology, or medicine
This fellowship is open to those who are not U.S. citizens or residents, but it does not provide visa sponsorship.
- 12 month residential fellowship
- $25,000 stipend
- $5,000 travel/research fund
All application materials will be submitted online via Interfolio (https://apply.interfolio.com/135143). Applicants will submit:
- An introductory cover letter (no more than two pages)
- Two letters of reference in support of the project and applicant.
- A project proposal of approximately 2-4 pages (no more than 1,000 words in length). The proposal should include: a) a description of the project; b) a statement explaining the significance of the project; c) an indication of the specific APS collections the applicant wishes to consult.
Deadline: January 19, 2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.