Friends of the APS Predoctoral Fellowship
The American Philosophical Society's Library & Museum in Philadelphia seeks applicants for a one-year, residential fellowship for a graduate student working on topics in all fields who show a demonstrated need to use the Library & Museum’s collections for their project. The 12-month fellowship is intended for advanced Ph.D. students working toward the completion of the dissertation. The caliber of the project, and evidence that the project will be completed in a timely manner, are the two most important criteria for selection. The selection committee will also take into consideration the need to be at the APS's Library & Museum and other research institutions in the Philadelphia area. Applicants may be U.S. citizens or foreign nationals.
- Applicants’ research must pertain to topics reflected in the Library & Museum’s collections
- The successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in programs and other affairs at the American Philosophical Society
Stipend: $25,000 for twelve months will be awarded to all successful applicants
Applicants will submit:
- Dissertation proposal (2-4 pages, double-spaced),
- A sample chapter from their dissertation not to exceed 25 double-spaced pages,
- An introductory cover letter that discusses their past and current work proposed to be completed on the fellowship,
- Three letters of reference in support of the project and applicant.
Deadline: January 28, 2022. Notifications will be sent by April 2022.