Friends of the APS Predoctoral Fellowship
The American Philosophical Society's Library & Museum in Philadelphia seeks applicants for a one-year, residential fellowship for a graduate student working on topics in all fields who show a demonstrated need to use the Library & Museum’s collections for their project. The 12-month fellowship is intended for advanced Ph.D. students working toward the completion of the dissertation. The caliber of the project, and evidence that the project will be completed in a timely manner, are the two most important criteria for selection. The selection committee will also take into consideration the need to be at the APS's Library & Museum and other research institutions in the Philadelphia area. Applicants may be U.S. citizens or foreign nationals.
- Applicants’ research must pertain to topics reflected in the Library & Museum’s collections
- The successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in programs and other affairs at the American Philosophical Society
This fellowship is open to those who are not U.S. citizens or residents, but it does not provide visa sponsorship.
$25,000 for twelve months will be awarded to all successful applicants
All application materials will be submitted online via Interfolio (https://apply.interfolio.com/116313). Applicants will submit:
- Dissertation proposal (2-4 pages, double-spaced),
- A sample chapter from their dissertation not to exceed 25 double-spaced pages,
- An introductory cover letter that discusses their past and current work proposed to be completed on the fellowship,
- Three letters of reference in support of the project and applicant.
Deadline: February 3, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.