Phillips Fund Recipients
Bahar, Matthew, University of Oklahoma
The People of the Dawnland and Their Atlantic World
Bilodeau, Christopher J., Dickinson College
Violence, Religion, and the Wabanaki Confederacy in the Northeast Borderlands, 1600–1765
Bochnak, M. Ryan, University of Chicago
Aspects of Morphosyntax and Semantics in Washo
Bunn-Marcuse, Kathryn B., University of Washington
Fieldnotes from Fort Rupert: Studies of Kwakiutl Song, Dance, and Movement by Franz Boas
Decoster, Jonathan, Brandeis University
Native Rivalry and Imperial Competition in the Colonial Southeast, 1564–1614
Delucia, Christine, Yale University
Making Past and Place in the Northeast After King Philip's War
Elliott, Jennifer, University of Virginia
Architecture, Material Culture, and Hybrid Identities in the American South, 1780–1830
Gordon, Sarah, Indiana University
Health, Healing, and the Stories of the Sahtuot'ine
Harper, Mattie, University of California, Berkeley
The Minnesota Ojibwe Warrior Identity and the U.S. Military
Hasselbacher, Stephanie R., College of William and Mary
Linguistic Ethnohistory of the Coushatta Tribe of Louisiana
Joy, Natalie I., Georgia State University
Indian Removal and the Problem of Slavery
Kiel, Doug, University of Wisconsin, Madison
The Oneida Resurgence: Modern Indian Renewal in the Heart of America
Lovick, Olga, First Nations University
Conversation in Upper Tanana Athabascan
Mancini, Jason R., University of Connecticut
Indians, Maritime Labor, and Indigenous Intersections
Morse, Stephanie, University of California, Santa Barbara
Documenting Plant Names and Plant Terminology in Odawa
Mosteller, Kelli, University of Texas, Austin
Negotiating Allotment and Citizenship for the Citizen Potawatomi, 1861–1891
Quinn, Conor M., University of Nizwa
Under-Documented Minor Genres of Passamaquoddy-Maliseet Speech
Tone-Pah-Hote, Jenny E., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Kiowa Expressive Culture, 1875–1939
- Aplin, Thomas C., University of California, Los Angeles
- Southwest Ceremonialism, Identity, and Experience in the Southern Plains
- Arnold, Laurie, The Newberry Library
- Identity and Politics on the Colville Reservation, 1953-1972
- Blackburn Morrow, Jesse, University of Oregon
- Linguistic Restructuring of Umatilla Sahaptin
- Brown, Jason, University of British Columbia
- Phonological Variation in Gitksan
- Cain, Shawna, University of Arkansas
- Will West Long-Ga-Du-Gi Project
- Carpenter, Kristen A., University of Denver College of Law
- Cherokee Land and Language in Treaty Interpretation
- Duval, Kathleen, University of North Carolina
- The Gulf Coast and the War for America
- Hancock, Robert L. A., University of Victoria
- Anthropology and Indigenous Resistance to Mega-Project Developments in the Canadian North, 1970-1980
- Johannsdottir, Kristin M., University of British Columbia
- Tense and Aspect in Gitksan
- Kan, Sergei, Dartmouth College
- The Vincent Soboleff Photograph Collection and the Ethnohistory of Killisnoo, a Native Alaskan Community, 1890s-1920s
- Lindsay, Brendan, University of California, Riverside
- California's Indian Genocide, 1846-1900
- Miranda, Deborah, Washington and Lee University
- The Light from Carissa Plains
- Muller, Kathryn V., Queen's University
- Wampum Relationships as Manifestations of Enduring Cultural Ethics
- Murray, Sarah E., Rutgers University
- Encoding Point of View: Evidentiality in Cheyenne
- Palmer, Jr., Gus, University of Oklahoma
- Kiowa Dictionary Project
- Snyder, Christina N., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Identity, Race, and Power in the Contested American South
- Walker, Jessica A., University of Oklahoma
- Native Christianity Among the Absentee Shawnee
- Willmott, Cory C., Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
- Great Lakes Algonquian Dress in Intercultural Relations, 1760-1930
- Bisha, Tim, University of Alberta
- Natural Resources as Social Practice: Native Canadians in Quebec
- Bossy, Denise I., Yale University,
- Native American Slavery in Colonial South Carolina, 1660-1730
- Cattelino, Jessica R., New York University,
- An Ethnohistorical Perspective on Seminole Sovereignty
- Davis, Karl L., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill,
- Creek Indians in Alabama in the Early Nineteenth Century
- DeLay, Brian, Harvard University,
- Indian Power and the Contest for Northern Mexico, 1835-1854
- Fitzgerald, Colleen M., State University of New York, Buffalo,
- Rhythmic Variation in Tohono O'odham Dialects
- Griffin, Catherine C., California Indian Legal Services,
- Yankton Sioux Writer and Activist, Gertrude S. Bonnin (1876-1938)
- Guerrier, Elizabeth A. M., University of Western Ontario,
- Mi'kmaq Maritime Treaties with the British, 1725-1761
- Karson, Jennifer M., University of Texas,
- Repatriation Histories of the Umatilla Indians in Pendleton, Oregon
- Kim, Eun-Sook, University of British Columbia,
- Phonology and Morphology of Nuu-chah-nulth
- Krivonosov, Alexander A., Pennsylvania State University,
- The Religious Landscape of Alaska in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries
- Lewis, J. William, University of Victoria,
- The Central Kalapuya Verb Stem
- Moretti, Alicia M., Venice, CA,
- Developing an Assiniboine Dictionary
- Rzeczkowski, Frank R., Northwestern University,
- Intertribal Relations on the Northern Plains, 1880-1930
- Stokely, Michelle D., University of Oklahoma,
- The Apache Tribe in Oklahoma during the First Half of the Twentieth Century
- Willig, Timothy D., University of Massachusetts,
- British Policy and the Indians of the Great Lakes, 1794-1815
- Zymroz, Desiree D., Brown University,
- Algonquian Wampum, from AD 900 to1750
- Ahlers, Jocelyn
- Cognitive Metaphors in the Hupa Language
- Berge, Anna
- Discourse Analysis of the Greelandic Dialect of Inuit
- Braatz, Timothy K.
- Yavapai Indian History to 1910
- Brown, Tracy L.
- Pueblo Experiences of Conversion in New Mexico, 1608-1821
- Buchholtz, Debra
- Battle of Little Bighorn: Crow and Cheyenne Interpretations
- Chamberlain, Kathleen
- Impact of Oil on the Navajo Reservation, 1922-1956
- Clemmons, Linda M.
- Dakota Responses to Protestant Missionaries, 1835-1862
- de Avila, Alejandro
- Survey of Mixtec Dialects Spoken in California
- Embick, David
- Medio-reflexive in Hupa Grammar
- Fernald, Theodore B.
- Navajo Adverbial Quantification and the Interpretation of Nominals
- Griffin, Dennis
- Lifeways of the Cupiit on Nunivak Island, Alaska
- Harkin, Michael
- Ideological Basis of the Nuu-Chah-Nulth Chieftainship
- Hough, Jill S.
- Family, Gender and Authority in the Southwest, 1770-1830
- James-Stern, Elizabeth
- Nez Perce Indian Community, 1892-1964
- Jung, Dagmar
- Word Order in iicarilla Apache
- Kosmider, Alexia
- Ora Eddleman Reed Writings in Twin Territories, 1898-1904
- Morgan, Mindy J.
- Oral Histories of Education at Fort Belknap Reservation
- Mould, Thomas C.
- Ethnohistory of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians
- Nichols, Lynn
- Logico-semantic Constraints on Zuni Syntax
- Polanich, Judith K.
- Western Mono Basket Weavers, 1900-1965
- Shea, Kathleen D.
- Ponca Grammar
- Turnbull, Molly J.
- Custodianship of Land for the Ojibwe of South Western Ontario
- Wash, Suzanne M.
- West Point Dialect of Northern Sierra Miwok
- Weiner, Diane
- Southern California Indian Health Conditions, 1875-1953
- Weisiger, Marsha L.
- Environment, Cultural Identity and Gender in Navajo Country
- Wishart, Robert P.
- Algonquian Hunting Narratives on Walpole Island
- Zimmer, Julie
- Market in Archaeological Artifacts on St. Lawrence Island, Alaska
- Bender, Margaret
- Contemporary Usage of the Cherokee Syllabary
- Berman, Judith E.
- History of a Tlingit Family
- Blain, Eleanor M.
- Binding Effects in Plains Cree
- Brightman, Robert A.
- Algonquian-Iroquoian Dreaming
- Brooks, James F.
- The Borderlands Community of New Mexico, 1780-1880
- Carter, William
- Cultural Clash in Early Texas, 1500-1800
- Den Ouden, Amy E.
- Political Mobilization among Native Populations in Eighteenth-century New England
- Ethridge, Robbie F.
- Benjamin Hawkins and the Creek Agency in the Eighteenth Century
- Green, Adriana G.
- Historic Development of Lakota Regalia, 1850-1920
- Jackson, Deborah D.
- Ojibwa Discursive Practices at Sault Saint Marie
- McDonough, Joyce M.
- Phonetics and Phonology of Navajo and Jicarilla Apache
- Meadows, William C.
- Southern Plains Military Societies, 1800 to the Present
- Melnar, Lynette R.
- Caddo Syntax
- Miller, Amy
- Plains Miwok Language
- Nakayama, Toshihide
- The Ahousaht Dialect of Nuuchahnulth
- Nichols, Lynn
- Zuni Primary and Secondary Suffixation
- Ono, Tsuyoshi
- Tachi Dialect of Yokuts
- Orser, Brenda I. L.
- Pharyngeal Resonants in Interior Salish, Spokane
- Price, Catherine
- History of the Pine Ridge Reservation, 1879-1934
- Silentman, Irene J.
- Intergenerational Study of Navajo Language Change
- Sistrunk, Sara
- Male-Female Speech in Lakhota
- Stenger, Mark R.
- Zuni Language in Informal Instruction
- Taff, Alice
- Aleut Morpheme Ordering
- Thorne, Tanis C.
- Ethnohistory of the Mission Indian Federation
- Thornton, Thomas F.
- Northern Tlingit Place Names
- Wagner, Sally Roesch
- Iroquois Roots of American Feminism
- Wagoner, Paula L.
- Bear Butte, South Dakota: Cheyenne, Lakota and State Park Claims
- Wallace, Pamela S.
- Yuchi Social Structure