Phillips Fund Recipients
Bahar, Matthew, University of Oklahoma
The People of the Dawnland and Their Atlantic World
Bilodeau, Christopher J., Dickinson College
Violence, Religion, and the Wabanaki Confederacy in the Northeast Borderlands, 1600–1765
Bochnak, M. Ryan, University of Chicago
Aspects of Morphosyntax and Semantics in Washo
Bunn-Marcuse, Kathryn B., University of Washington
Fieldnotes from Fort Rupert: Studies of Kwakiutl Song, Dance, and Movement by Franz Boas
Decoster, Jonathan, Brandeis University
Native Rivalry and Imperial Competition in the Colonial Southeast, 1564–1614
Delucia, Christine, Yale University
Making Past and Place in the Northeast After King Philip's War
Elliott, Jennifer, University of Virginia
Architecture, Material Culture, and Hybrid Identities in the American South, 1780–1830
Gordon, Sarah, Indiana University
Health, Healing, and the Stories of the Sahtuot'ine
Harper, Mattie, University of California, Berkeley
The Minnesota Ojibwe Warrior Identity and the U.S. Military
Hasselbacher, Stephanie R., College of William and Mary
Linguistic Ethnohistory of the Coushatta Tribe of Louisiana
Joy, Natalie I., Georgia State University
Indian Removal and the Problem of Slavery
Kiel, Doug, University of Wisconsin, Madison
The Oneida Resurgence: Modern Indian Renewal in the Heart of America
Lovick, Olga, First Nations University
Conversation in Upper Tanana Athabascan
Mancini, Jason R., University of Connecticut
Indians, Maritime Labor, and Indigenous Intersections
Morse, Stephanie, University of California, Santa Barbara
Documenting Plant Names and Plant Terminology in Odawa
Mosteller, Kelli, University of Texas, Austin
Negotiating Allotment and Citizenship for the Citizen Potawatomi, 1861–1891
Quinn, Conor M., University of Nizwa
Under-Documented Minor Genres of Passamaquoddy-Maliseet Speech
Tone-Pah-Hote, Jenny E., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Kiowa Expressive Culture, 1875–1939
- Aplin, Thomas C., University of California, Los Angeles
- Southwest Ceremonialism, Identity, and Experience in the Southern Plains
- Arnold, Laurie, The Newberry Library
- Identity and Politics on the Colville Reservation, 1953-1972
- Blackburn Morrow, Jesse, University of Oregon
- Linguistic Restructuring of Umatilla Sahaptin
- Brown, Jason, University of British Columbia
- Phonological Variation in Gitksan
- Cain, Shawna, University of Arkansas
- Will West Long-Ga-Du-Gi Project
- Carpenter, Kristen A., University of Denver College of Law
- Cherokee Land and Language in Treaty Interpretation
- Duval, Kathleen, University of North Carolina
- The Gulf Coast and the War for America
- Hancock, Robert L. A., University of Victoria
- Anthropology and Indigenous Resistance to Mega-Project Developments in the Canadian North, 1970-1980
- Johannsdottir, Kristin M., University of British Columbia
- Tense and Aspect in Gitksan
- Kan, Sergei, Dartmouth College
- The Vincent Soboleff Photograph Collection and the Ethnohistory of Killisnoo, a Native Alaskan Community, 1890s-1920s
- Lindsay, Brendan, University of California, Riverside
- California's Indian Genocide, 1846-1900
- Miranda, Deborah, Washington and Lee University
- The Light from Carissa Plains
- Muller, Kathryn V., Queen's University
- Wampum Relationships as Manifestations of Enduring Cultural Ethics
- Murray, Sarah E., Rutgers University
- Encoding Point of View: Evidentiality in Cheyenne
- Palmer, Jr., Gus, University of Oklahoma
- Kiowa Dictionary Project
- Snyder, Christina N., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Identity, Race, and Power in the Contested American South
- Walker, Jessica A., University of Oklahoma
- Native Christianity Among the Absentee Shawnee
- Willmott, Cory C., Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
- Great Lakes Algonquian Dress in Intercultural Relations, 1760-1930
- Bisha, Tim, University of Alberta
- Natural Resources as Social Practice: Native Canadians in Quebec
- Bossy, Denise I., Yale University,
- Native American Slavery in Colonial South Carolina, 1660-1730
- Cattelino, Jessica R., New York University,
- An Ethnohistorical Perspective on Seminole Sovereignty
- Davis, Karl L., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill,
- Creek Indians in Alabama in the Early Nineteenth Century
- DeLay, Brian, Harvard University,
- Indian Power and the Contest for Northern Mexico, 1835-1854
- Fitzgerald, Colleen M., State University of New York, Buffalo,
- Rhythmic Variation in Tohono O'odham Dialects
- Griffin, Catherine C., California Indian Legal Services,
- Yankton Sioux Writer and Activist, Gertrude S. Bonnin (1876-1938)
- Guerrier, Elizabeth A. M., University of Western Ontario,
- Mi'kmaq Maritime Treaties with the British, 1725-1761
- Karson, Jennifer M., University of Texas,
- Repatriation Histories of the Umatilla Indians in Pendleton, Oregon
- Kim, Eun-Sook, University of British Columbia,
- Phonology and Morphology of Nuu-chah-nulth
- Krivonosov, Alexander A., Pennsylvania State University,
- The Religious Landscape of Alaska in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries
- Lewis, J. William, University of Victoria,
- The Central Kalapuya Verb Stem
- Moretti, Alicia M., Venice, CA,
- Developing an Assiniboine Dictionary
- Rzeczkowski, Frank R., Northwestern University,
- Intertribal Relations on the Northern Plains, 1880-1930
- Stokely, Michelle D., University of Oklahoma,
- The Apache Tribe in Oklahoma during the First Half of the Twentieth Century
- Willig, Timothy D., University of Massachusetts,
- British Policy and the Indians of the Great Lakes, 1794-1815
- Zymroz, Desiree D., Brown University,
- Algonquian Wampum, from AD 900 to1750
- Alderete, John D.
- Tahltan Stress: Phonetics and Phonology
- Barthmaier, Paul T.
- Lushootseed Discourse Data
- Caplow, Nancy J.
- Western Abenaki Discourse
- Craver, Amy J.
- Influence of Environmental Changes on Inupiaq Hunting
- Golla, Victor K.
- Inventory of Sapir's Nootka Work
- Hahn, Steven C.
- The Creek Confederacy, 1633-1763
- Herndon, Ruth W.
- The Narragansett People and Rhode Island Officials
- Holton, Gary M.
- Tanacross Language Documentation Project
- Ishii, Izumi
- Cherokee temperance Movement in the Nineteenth Century
- Keating, Neal B.
- Historical Anthropology of Onondaga Art
- Kosmider, Alexia
- Writings of Creek Writer Charles Gibson
- Maddra, Sam Ann
- The 1891-1892 Tour of Britain by Buffalo Bill
- Martin, Jack B.
- The Creek Texts of Mary Haas, vols. 16-22
- Medicine, Beatrice
- An Ethnohistory of the Wakpala Community
- Meya, Wilhelm K.
- Oglala Oral History and Winter Counts
- More, Anna H.
- An Edition of Alonso de Benavides' Memorial of 1634
- Nakayama, Toshihide
- Lexical Suffixes in Ahousaht Nuu-chah-nulth
- Ng, Eve C.
- Fieldwork on Passamaquoddy
- Nichols, David A.
- Indian Relations and American Political
- O'Neill, Sean P.
- Hupa Texts, and Comparative Work with Yurok and Karok
- Roy, Christopher A.
- Nineteenth-century Abenaki Fusion
- Schrager, Bradley S.
- Spanish and English Colonialism, 1660-1715
- Shuck, Sheri M.
- The Alabamas and Coushattas, 1500-1859
- Warren, Stephen A.
- Emergence of the Shawnee Nation
- Anderson, Laura L.
- Sisseton-Wahpeton Collections of A. B. Skinner and Amos One Road
- Bank, Rosemarie K.
- Staging the 'Native' in American Theatre Culture, 1793-1893
- Bernsten, Deborah
- Ottawa Responses to Western Culture, 1820-1835
- Dahlstrom, Amy
- Fox Syntax and Discourse Functions
- Elliott, Eric
- Cahuilla Oral Traditions
- Ethridge, Robbie
- Benjamin Hawkins and the Creek Indians in the Eighteenth Century
- Fitzgerald, Colleen M.
- Tohono Olodham Traditional Songs
- Gulig, Anthony G.
- Government-Indian Relations in Northern Saskatchewan and Wisconsin, 1905-1950
- House, Deborah E.
- Language and Ideology in a Navajo School and Community
- Ichihashi, Kumiko
- Clause Combining in Hualapai
- Kibrik, Andrej A.
- Navajo Transitivity Marking and Discourse Structure
- Kracht, Benjamin R.
- Ethnohistory of Kiowa Belief Systems, 1833-1994
- Lawson, Michael
- Anthropological Expeditions to Native American Communities in the Southwest, 1879-1914
- Lichtenfeld, Daniel
- Relation between Tewa Speech and Song
- Linn, Mary S.
- Yuchi Phonology
- Macaulay, Monica
- Topics in Karuk Syntax
- Melnar, Lynette R.
- Caddo Verb Stem Morphology
- Norcross, Amoena B.
- Verbal Affixes and Categories in Shawnee
- Oberg, Michael L.
- Indians and Englishmen, 1585-1835
- Orser, Brenda
- Prosodic Case-marking in Spokane, Interior Salish
- Potts, Steve J.
- Federal Policy toward Native Americans: the Standing Rock Lakota
- Ruff, Rowena McC.
- Moravian Missionaries among the Cherokee in the Early Nineteenth Century
- Wallace, Pamela S.
- Historical Research in the Yuchi Community
- Wash, Suzanne M.
- Northern Sierra Miwok
- Waterman, Kees-Jan
- Ethnohistory of Intercultural Contacts in New Netherland, 1609-1664