Phillips Fund Recipients
Bahar, Matthew, University of Oklahoma
The People of the Dawnland and Their Atlantic World
Bilodeau, Christopher J., Dickinson College
Violence, Religion, and the Wabanaki Confederacy in the Northeast Borderlands, 1600–1765
Bochnak, M. Ryan, University of Chicago
Aspects of Morphosyntax and Semantics in Washo
Bunn-Marcuse, Kathryn B., University of Washington
Fieldnotes from Fort Rupert: Studies of Kwakiutl Song, Dance, and Movement by Franz Boas
Decoster, Jonathan, Brandeis University
Native Rivalry and Imperial Competition in the Colonial Southeast, 1564–1614
Delucia, Christine, Yale University
Making Past and Place in the Northeast After King Philip's War
Elliott, Jennifer, University of Virginia
Architecture, Material Culture, and Hybrid Identities in the American South, 1780–1830
Gordon, Sarah, Indiana University
Health, Healing, and the Stories of the Sahtuot'ine
Harper, Mattie, University of California, Berkeley
The Minnesota Ojibwe Warrior Identity and the U.S. Military
Hasselbacher, Stephanie R., College of William and Mary
Linguistic Ethnohistory of the Coushatta Tribe of Louisiana
Joy, Natalie I., Georgia State University
Indian Removal and the Problem of Slavery
Kiel, Doug, University of Wisconsin, Madison
The Oneida Resurgence: Modern Indian Renewal in the Heart of America
Lovick, Olga, First Nations University
Conversation in Upper Tanana Athabascan
Mancini, Jason R., University of Connecticut
Indians, Maritime Labor, and Indigenous Intersections
Morse, Stephanie, University of California, Santa Barbara
Documenting Plant Names and Plant Terminology in Odawa
Mosteller, Kelli, University of Texas, Austin
Negotiating Allotment and Citizenship for the Citizen Potawatomi, 1861–1891
Quinn, Conor M., University of Nizwa
Under-Documented Minor Genres of Passamaquoddy-Maliseet Speech
Tone-Pah-Hote, Jenny E., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Kiowa Expressive Culture, 1875–1939
- Ainsworth, Cynthea L., Gakona, Alaska
- First Contact Changes in Nineteenth-Century Ahtna Housetypes
- Berndt, Christina G., University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Northern Cheyenne Response to the Nation-State
- Devlin, Meg, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Native American Women Activists
- Grandjean, Katherine A., Harvard University
- Native Knowledge and Meaning in Eastern Connecticut, 1660-1740
- Killsback, Leo K., University of Arizona
- The Northern Cheyenne Trek through Kansas, 1878
- McCollum, Timothy J., Indiana University, Bloomington
- Thakiwaki (Sauk/Sak) Sociocultural Organization, 1870s-2005
- McCoy, Ronald T., Emporia State University
- Lakota Winter Counts, 1851-1890
- Montgomery-Anderson, Bradley, University of Kansas
- A Comprehensive Cherokee Grammar
- Muehlbauer, Jeffrey T., University of British Columbia
- Generic Nouns in Plains Cree and Blackfoot
- Naranjo, Jr., Reuben V., University of Arizona
- Meeting the Needs of Southern Arizona and Northern Sonora, Mexico, 1890-1920
- Rinehart, Melissa A., Michigan State University
- Language Ideologies and Their Effects on Miami Indian Language Revitalization
- Ryan, Luke C., University of Arizona
- Paths of Disunion in the Making of Kansas, 1825-1865
- Stephens, Christianne V., McMaster University
- Water Quality and Health at Walpole Island First Nation, Canada
- Saul, Gwendolyn W., University of New Mexico
- Historical Consciousness and Sense of Place in Fort Defiance, Arizona
- Wood, William, University of California, Los Angeles
- California Mission Indian Land Title
- Zuyderhoudt, Lea M., Leiden University
- Dynamics in the Praxis of Blackfoot Historical Narrative
- Bisha, Tim, University of Alberta
- Natural Resources as Social Practice: Native Canadians in Quebec
- Bossy, Denise I., Yale University,
- Native American Slavery in Colonial South Carolina, 1660-1730
- Cattelino, Jessica R., New York University,
- An Ethnohistorical Perspective on Seminole Sovereignty
- Davis, Karl L., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill,
- Creek Indians in Alabama in the Early Nineteenth Century
- DeLay, Brian, Harvard University,
- Indian Power and the Contest for Northern Mexico, 1835-1854
- Fitzgerald, Colleen M., State University of New York, Buffalo,
- Rhythmic Variation in Tohono O'odham Dialects
- Griffin, Catherine C., California Indian Legal Services,
- Yankton Sioux Writer and Activist, Gertrude S. Bonnin (1876-1938)
- Guerrier, Elizabeth A. M., University of Western Ontario,
- Mi'kmaq Maritime Treaties with the British, 1725-1761
- Karson, Jennifer M., University of Texas,
- Repatriation Histories of the Umatilla Indians in Pendleton, Oregon
- Kim, Eun-Sook, University of British Columbia,
- Phonology and Morphology of Nuu-chah-nulth
- Krivonosov, Alexander A., Pennsylvania State University,
- The Religious Landscape of Alaska in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries
- Lewis, J. William, University of Victoria,
- The Central Kalapuya Verb Stem
- Moretti, Alicia M., Venice, CA,
- Developing an Assiniboine Dictionary
- Rzeczkowski, Frank R., Northwestern University,
- Intertribal Relations on the Northern Plains, 1880-1930
- Stokely, Michelle D., University of Oklahoma,
- The Apache Tribe in Oklahoma during the First Half of the Twentieth Century
- Willig, Timothy D., University of Massachusetts,
- British Policy and the Indians of the Great Lakes, 1794-1815
- Zymroz, Desiree D., Brown University,
- Algonquian Wampum, from AD 900 to1750
- Alderete, John D.
- Tahltan Stress: Phonetics and Phonology
- Barthmaier, Paul T.
- Lushootseed Discourse Data
- Caplow, Nancy J.
- Western Abenaki Discourse
- Craver, Amy J.
- Influence of Environmental Changes on Inupiaq Hunting
- Golla, Victor K.
- Inventory of Sapir's Nootka Work
- Hahn, Steven C.
- The Creek Confederacy, 1633-1763
- Herndon, Ruth W.
- The Narragansett People and Rhode Island Officials
- Holton, Gary M.
- Tanacross Language Documentation Project
- Ishii, Izumi
- Cherokee temperance Movement in the Nineteenth Century
- Keating, Neal B.
- Historical Anthropology of Onondaga Art
- Kosmider, Alexia
- Writings of Creek Writer Charles Gibson
- Maddra, Sam Ann
- The 1891-1892 Tour of Britain by Buffalo Bill
- Martin, Jack B.
- The Creek Texts of Mary Haas, vols. 16-22
- Medicine, Beatrice
- An Ethnohistory of the Wakpala Community
- Meya, Wilhelm K.
- Oglala Oral History and Winter Counts
- More, Anna H.
- An Edition of Alonso de Benavides' Memorial of 1634
- Nakayama, Toshihide
- Lexical Suffixes in Ahousaht Nuu-chah-nulth
- Ng, Eve C.
- Fieldwork on Passamaquoddy
- Nichols, David A.
- Indian Relations and American Political
- O'Neill, Sean P.
- Hupa Texts, and Comparative Work with Yurok and Karok
- Roy, Christopher A.
- Nineteenth-century Abenaki Fusion
- Schrager, Bradley S.
- Spanish and English Colonialism, 1660-1715
- Shuck, Sheri M.
- The Alabamas and Coushattas, 1500-1859
- Warren, Stephen A.
- Emergence of the Shawnee Nation
- Bender, Margaret
- Contemporary Usage of the Cherokee Syllabary
- Berman, Judith E.
- History of a Tlingit Family
- Blain, Eleanor M.
- Binding Effects in Plains Cree
- Brightman, Robert A.
- Algonquian-Iroquoian Dreaming
- Brooks, James F.
- The Borderlands Community of New Mexico, 1780-1880
- Carter, William
- Cultural Clash in Early Texas, 1500-1800
- Den Ouden, Amy E.
- Political Mobilization among Native Populations in Eighteenth-century New England
- Ethridge, Robbie F.
- Benjamin Hawkins and the Creek Agency in the Eighteenth Century
- Green, Adriana G.
- Historic Development of Lakota Regalia, 1850-1920
- Jackson, Deborah D.
- Ojibwa Discursive Practices at Sault Saint Marie
- McDonough, Joyce M.
- Phonetics and Phonology of Navajo and Jicarilla Apache
- Meadows, William C.
- Southern Plains Military Societies, 1800 to the Present
- Melnar, Lynette R.
- Caddo Syntax
- Miller, Amy
- Plains Miwok Language
- Nakayama, Toshihide
- The Ahousaht Dialect of Nuuchahnulth
- Nichols, Lynn
- Zuni Primary and Secondary Suffixation
- Ono, Tsuyoshi
- Tachi Dialect of Yokuts
- Orser, Brenda I. L.
- Pharyngeal Resonants in Interior Salish, Spokane
- Price, Catherine
- History of the Pine Ridge Reservation, 1879-1934
- Silentman, Irene J.
- Intergenerational Study of Navajo Language Change
- Sistrunk, Sara
- Male-Female Speech in Lakhota
- Stenger, Mark R.
- Zuni Language in Informal Instruction
- Taff, Alice
- Aleut Morpheme Ordering
- Thorne, Tanis C.
- Ethnohistory of the Mission Indian Federation
- Thornton, Thomas F.
- Northern Tlingit Place Names
- Wagner, Sally Roesch
- Iroquois Roots of American Feminism
- Wagoner, Paula L.
- Bear Butte, South Dakota: Cheyenne, Lakota and State Park Claims
- Wallace, Pamela S.
- Yuchi Social Structure